Monday 2 March 2015

03032015

Today marks the next phase of my braces. RUBBERBANDS!!!
I've been waiting for this moment for the longest time ever and I'm so happy to have finally made it here. This means that I'm already 3/4 into my braces journey and to whoever that has been following this space for updates, thank you so much for being here with me.

Having the rubberbands on is a little uncomfortable because of the tension it places on my gums to move the teeth. The upper set is going to move backwards while the lower set move forward to fill up the gaps. The last thing on my list after the rubber bands would be the mid line shifting for my upper front teeth which I am also excited for! This whole rubberband journey will take about 6 months only if I put on the bands diligently every single day. I will need to remove them before my meals and put a new one back on after my meals and before going to bed.

It is amazing to know how all these tools help to shift and align your teeth. I am also very amazed with the result. Although braces are a pain in the gums I have never regretted my decision to go for it. I'm also relieved to know that I am no longer receiving comments about how I should be going for braces because my teeth are so crooked. It's been 1 year and 5 months since I've gotten my braces and I am so used to having it. I used to hate how it gives me ulcers and jaw snapping issues but at the same time I am so grateful at how it has helped me become more confident with my smile.

If you need it don't be afraid to go for it. :)

Keep smiling!

XO,
Jaslyn

3 comments:

  1. I’m glad to hear your positive thoughts about having braces, Jaslyn. Your post will really encourage people who need braces, but are afraid of getting them. They should realize that enduring the pain braces may cause results in a flawless and confident smile. Anyway, thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts! All the best to you!

    Alexis Jensen @ Kelleher Ortho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by with a comment!
      I really do hope people benefit from my posts and will go ahead to get a beautiful and confident smile. :)

      Delete
  2. That’s really nice! I understand how uncomfortable these braces are. But the result of your pain and discomfort is going to be to a beautiful smile later. I also had braces form a local Torrance dentist and now I have perfectly aligned teeth.

    ReplyDelete