Wednesday 1 April 2015

01.04.2015

Woke up to a not so funny April Fool's joke.
It just had to be 1st of April that my bracket comes off making me think this is some April Fool's joke.

Woke up this morning feeling a little weird on the last bracket only to later realize that it came off loose. I was just feeling a little lazy today only to find out that it was the one that I had to hook my rubber bands on so I called the clinic up and was told that I'd need to go down to have it fixed.

This is the moment when I learnt that it is extremely important to pick a dental clinic closest to your home. There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to picking a clinic. It wouldn't really matter if you are just going there to get your extractions or fillings etc done but because you are going to see this dentist for the next 2 years it is important that you are comfortable and happy to see him. Yes, I mentioned happy because it is already awful enough to have to go through all these discomfort when there are people who are born with are perfect set of teeth so you want to make sure your dentist make you feel good going through all these painful visits.

Aside from that, we need to consider the cost of getting your braces done since different clinic charges differently. The dentist may be really good and everyone is recommending that you see him but if it is really too expensive and you cannot afford to pay for it, don't force yourself.  There are other clinics that charges it slightly lower but that doesn't mean that they aren't good alright? Unlike bags, it doesn't have to be branded and expensive to last you for a long time. Do your research and ask around. I am lucky that it didn't take me many friends to find the clinic that I was comfortable visiting.

Lastly, never forget that sometimes unfortunate things happen and you will need to make a trip back down to the clinic to get things fixed. You wouldn't want to find yourself living in the north and having to travel all the way to the south just for that few minute session. Even though Yishun and Sembawang is just next to each other, it is still a torture on days that I am very lazy (like today).

Alright, that's all that I can think of but if you have any more pointers for me to add on, feel free to leave it under the comments section so that the rest of us can learn from it too!

Have a great start to April guys!
All the brace (best)!

/edit
Did filling for my upper molar and Dr HO changed the bottom wire to a smaller one to help shift the teeth better. He told me the upper set is shifting quite well. Yay!
In addition he helped to trim the wire on the upper set because it's poking into my cheek. This saved me another trip in May and I'm gonna see you guys here again in June!

XO,
Jaslyn

1 comment:

  1. That was really not the best thing to wake up to. I hate it when I wake up and almost instantly the day is ruined. You're correct when you said that a patient needs to pick a dentist near his or her home, so that you can immediately address whatever dental problems come up. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Take care!

    Dorothy Payne @ DrMonicaCrooks.com

    ReplyDelete