Saturday 9 November 2013

9th November 2013

Good evening to you!


Sorry for the late entry. I was rather busy with school, hence the lag in updates. It's been two weeks since I've got my braces on and I have been adapting to it rather well. Since it's been two weeks, I need some time to recall the entire process which took place on the 28th of October.

Dr Hoh quickly got me settled the moment I entered the room. He started off by cleaning my teeth thoroughly then he moved on to apply the adhesive to my teeth one by one and after which he used the uv light to dry the adhesive after placing the brackets on. After the brackets, I was told to choose the color of the band that I would like to have on my teeth! I was overwhelmed by the choice of colors available so I told my boyfriend to pick it for me and he chose pink 'cause he finds that it is the closest to my gum color and I should take some time to get use to colors on my teeth. After which, Dr Hoh began inserting the wire through the brackets and he secured wires using the colored bands. When the whole procedure was done, he trimmed off the excess wire and I am good to go. I was told that I will experience some slight discomfort in the evening and especially so when I start to have my meal. I went to school after that and return back in the evening only to find myself craving for KFC Chicken. I attempted on my first few bite with the braces and it started to feel uncomfortable. My teeth in my gums felt so jello-mello. I couldn't bite comfortable. I gave up after finishing one drum stick and some mashed potato.

Sleeping:
I nearly cried while sleeping in the night because I can literally feel my gums pulsating as the wires begin to adjust my teeth slowly and the pain was so bad that I couldn't sleep because I slept on my side. Apparently it puts pressure on the tender gums and wires and because it is beginning to adjust it feels even tighter when there is pressure placed on it. I only realized it after the second night. So now you know to avoid sleeping with your face on the side.

Eating:
I found it extremely hard to eat because biting was close to impossible on the first few days and I have to be very careful not to hit my teeth with my spoon while feeding myself because my gums are extremely sensitive. I hit it once by accident and I nearly cried out in pain. I stick to soft diet and drank a lot of water for the next few days just to keep my oral mucosa moist because my mouth is still adapting to the brackets and wires. Within a week I started chewing again. Taking it slowly day by day of course. 2 weeks have passed and I can chew better than the last week. Still, no tough meat or squid. I can still attempt to chew prawns very slowly. So just try different types of food as the days go by to see how well your bite is improving.

Oral Hygiene:
Oh yes, do remember to rinse and brush your teeth after every meal but do plan your schedule as to when to brush. For example if you had some snacks before your next meal (which are not too many hours apart) you probably would like to opt for rinsing instead of brushing just to avoid brushing it too often which may end up damaging your gum AND do avoid sugary food. Also, if you are a coffee-drinker like myself, do make sure that you brush your teeth immediately to prevent staining.So do remember to bring your oral hygiene pack with you every where you go!

Alright guys, I will end here for now. Stay tune for the pictures and videos in which I will be uploading tomorrow if I have the time!

Good-bye!


















 
Sorry for the delay on the uploads! Here you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment