Sunday 27 October 2013

27th October 2013

Good evening!
Went to the clinic in the afternoon on the 25th to get 4 of my teeth extracted. The procedure took less than 10 mins. He gave me 4 jabs of anesthesia and within a half a minute I felt my whole lip and gum numbed. It felt like my lips were swollen 'cause I could feel it at all. After a few twisting and turning, he extracted them without me feeling a thing. It kind of bled like crazy after that and he suggested that I wear a mask out of his clinic. It took around 2 hours for the anesthesia to wear off and I didn't take any of the prescribed paracetamols. The heavy bleeding continued for almost the entire day probably because I went to rinse my mouth when I was told not to do so. I went to google for solutions to stop the bleeding and attempted on the moisten tea bag. Apparently I was suppose to moisten a tea bag and bite on it gently for 45mins and this chemical named Tannin was suppose to help to stop the bleeding. At the end of 45 mins I wasn't sure if it helped to stop the bleeding because the entire tea bag was soaked with my blood. The bleeding persisted till the very next day, right up till today. It finally stopped completely. Thank God! I thought I was gonna bleed to death or something. So, moral of the story is NEVER RINSE YOUR MOUTH AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY. Please be informed that the neighboring teeth will feel sore after the anesthesia wears off especially when you attempt to bite/chew your food.

I am looking forward to tomorrow 'cause I am finally going to have the brackets on! I went to the supermarket earlier and got hell loads of dental stuffs to prepare myself for the braces.
Shall let the visuals do the talking now.

 1. Picture taken before the extraction.

2. Picture taken after extraction, posing with my teeth.
 3. Picture taken while Dr Hoh jabs the anesthesia.
 4. Picture taken in an attempt to stop the bleeding using Tea Bag. (Apparently it didn't work for me)
5. Here's what I got based on recommendation by a friend of mine who had his braces removed a year back.

And here's a Video taken during the extraction!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment