Tuesday 8 October 2013

8th October 2013

Today marks my first consultation with the  Dr Ho Voon Choong, the Dental Surgeon at Sembawang Dental Surgery located at Blk 406 #01-824 Sembawang Drive Singapore 750406. In today's visit, Dr Ho takes a look at my oral cavity and inspects my teeth before telling me that we will be going ahead with the braces. To my surprise, he actually told me that straightening my teeth is pretty easy given the fact that my teeth looks extremely crooked in my opinion. He moved on to tell me that I will need 2 fillings done because they are "catching" onto his instrument and they can be done any time. He also told me that I will need 4 extractions done, 2 on the upper set and 2 on the lower set but before he proceeds on to do the extractions, I will need to get an x-ray done. I was very excited about getting everything settled in the shortest possible time before I resume school next week but Dr Ho is a very busy man. Apparently getting your extractions and braces done on the same day is not possible in view of the bloody situation happening inside your oral cavity so I will need to make 2 appointments to get both things done. Getting the brackets on will take about an hour but like I mentioned earlier, Dr Ho is a very busy man and it is not easy to get him to free up one hour of his time just to put my brackets on. I wouldn't advise getting extractions done way beforehand unless you are totally cool with the fact that you will be going around with 4 missing teeth. So I picked 25th October for the extraction and 28th October for the braces because 28th is the earliest date Dr Ho is able to free up 1 hour of his time for the brackets and oh yes, I forgot to mention that cleaning will be done as well!
Below are two photos of how my teeth looks like when I smile.


/edit. 12.10.2013


I went to get my x-ray done a few days back and here is how my x-ray looks like!


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment